Eventotron is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Eventotron may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will notify of such changes and give you the opportunity to review them the next time you log in to the website. This policy is effective from 01/01/2017
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and social media links
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about activities and organisations with which you are involved – this includes, but is not limited to; events, venues, festivals and companies
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Sending you notification emails about actions taken within Eventotron relating to your account. Such emails form an important part of Eventotron’s core purpose and cannot be unsubscribed from. Such emails include but are not limited to:
events being accepted by festivals or venues
events applying to festival
venues applying to festivals
important updates from festivals and venues with which you or event or venue has chosen to be involved with
password resets and other account management tasks
internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe to subsequent similar emails once you have received one.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- In rare circumstances, and where prior attempts to contact you by email have been unsuccessful, we may contact you by the telephone number you supplied to resolve support issues.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Such measures include:
- As well as the live site, Rackspace maintain daily backups. These are fully encrypted.
- All data passed between the user’s web browser and our servers is encrypted to SHA 256-bit levels.
- Copies of the Eventotron database used at other locations for development and testing are encrypted and password protected.
- From time to time, physical backups of our database may be held at other locations. Such copies will be stored securely on encrypted media and destroyed after no more than six months.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
During usual, proper use of Eventotron, you may be required to share contact information and other details relating to your account with other Eventotron users. For example, when you use Eventotron to submit an event to Festival, you are agreeing to share your contact details and event information with that festival organisation. You are allowing entities you share information with in the course of using Eventotron to manage and use such information for their own administrative purposes only. Any other use of such information (ie marketing), may not be performed without your consent.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button in said marketing emails.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any private information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.